We’ve all been on Youtube searching for the latest holiday recipes, our favorite music video, or that one video of a baby monkey riding a pig like a horse, just to be hit with a 10-30 second advertisement. Plenty of viewers hit “Skip Ad” as soon as they can. But the numbers say that the majority of viewers do not, making Youtube advertising an extremely effective method of reaching your target market.
Youtube ads can be hyper-targeted, pointing directly at the towns, cities, or states in which your business operates. You can target via age, gender, interests, recent searches, and a wide range of other metrics. Basically, it allows you to pinpoint your ideal prospect with your advertisement. It is trackable and cost effective, giving you a precise idea of who you are reaching.
YouTube offers a wide variety of trackable metrics, which you can learn more about here. Here are the ones that are likely most important to you:
- Views show you the number of times people watched or engaged with your video ad.
- Avg. CPV is the average amount you pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it’s shorter than 30 seconds) or engages with your video, whichever comes first. Note that your average CPV may not be the same as your maximum CPV. Your maximum CPV is the most you’re willing to pay for an ad view.
- Clickthrough rate (CTR) is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown.
- Unique users shows the total number of people who saw an ad over a given time period.
- Earned likes happen when a viewer likes the video.
- Earned shares happen when a viewer shares the video.
With the right, short video message, a focused budget, and a fully researched target market, Youtube advertising can be a great way to drive business in 2021.
Scribendi can help! Not only can we do the creative, write the content, get the video made, and analyze the target market, we can track every dollar you spend to make sure it is working to drive leads. To learn more email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or call us at (339) 244-4222.